Most of us don’t bother to look at our air conditioning system unless and until necessary. It also means that we often forget to service the unit annually, causing it to break down in the middle of summer. An air conditioner needs periodic tune-ups and services to sustain its optimal functioning condition. If you haven’t done your air conditioner’s tune-up this year yet, give a call to AC tune-up in Dallas and get your system checked up.
Are you wondering how often you should tune-up your AC unit? Read ahead and find out more about AC tune-ups and how often they should be done.
Tuning Up Your AC
During a tune-up, a professional will come to your house and verify if all the air conditioning unit components are in working condition. They will also let you know of the repairs and replacements that need to be done. A few of the services offered during a routine tune-up are –
- Examination of the safety controls
- Calibrating the thermostat
- Cleaning the air filter
- Checking air vents and drains
- Inspecting the compressor and its restart cycle frequency
If you need to have any of the above services, hire a technician from AC repair in Dallas and fix your problems.
The Age Of Your Air Conditioning Unit
Generally, an AC should be tuned up once a year. However, if your system is old, say more than 10 years, it will need a biannual service and tune-up. As the wear and tear on your air conditioner increases, the need for tune-ups and services will also increase. The older the system you have, the more frequent the tune-ups have to be booked.
If you feel that your air conditioner is too old for a tune-up, consider replacing it with a new unit. For this, you could contact AC replacement Dallas and get an estimate.
Benefits Of A Tune-Up
Apart from keeping your air conditioner in good condition, several advantages come with an AC tune-up –
- By servicing your system periodically, you can reduce the wear and tear on the components of your AC.
- When your air conditioner operates in its optimal state, it also has higher efficiency. It means that your house will be cooled down quickly. You need not wait long for your house to become comfortable.
- As the compressor runs for a comparatively lesser time due to its higher efficiency, you can save a fortune by lowering your energy bills.
- Periodic tune-ups will also prevent frequent repairs.
Keep Track Of The Tune-Ups
Make sure that you marked the date when your AC was last serviced. This way, you can track the next tune-up. When you hire a professional from AC repair Dallas, they will help you frame a schedule for services and tune-ups.
To get the best air conditioning repair services, look for AC tune-up in Dallas, or call us at (817)-993-0313.